Empirical Finance and Accounting, Assignment 1
Students are required to replicate the study The Employment of Low-Skilled Immigrant Men in the United States by Duncan and Trejo, American Economic Review 2012.
Please read the whole paper very carefully. Replicate the numbers in the section Basic Patterns, and in Tables 1 and 2 of the paper. Find the do-file below, and finish it such that you replicate all results presented in the paper.
The paper is available here:
The do-file you have to finish:
The link to download the data:
Stata 12: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eo0aa45q04hvgjf/sampleout12.dta?dl=0
Stata 13: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dqzc6f5a7cpd8p/sampleout13.dta?dl=0
- Front page: mention full names, student numbers and email addresses of all members.
- In 0.5 page: Introduce the main research question and describe the methodology of the paper. (1 point)
- In one page: Replicate all numbers mentioned in the section Basic patterns. Use a combination of table(s) (using your design) and text. (2 points)
- Replicate tables 1 and 2 in the paper. Place each table on a separate page; and make sure to use thesame layout. The reader should be able to understand the table without having to read the main text in the paper. (3 points)
- In 1,5 page: describe the main conclusions of the tables. (3 points)
- Add the code you used in STATA to obtain the results. Specifically, add the STATA .do file which should be such that I can select and run the whole code from top to bottom to obtain the content in your tables. (1 point)
If you get 5.5 points or more, you will pass the assignment. In case you fail this case you must do an additional (third) case. This means a new paper and new dataset, more work and you can get maximum of 6 points.
Note that passing Empirical Finance and Accounting is required for you to start writing your thesis, and it counts for 20% of the grade for Research Seminar.
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help