ELCT 704 Power Electronics Assignment 1
Faculty of Information Engineering & Technology Electrical & Electronics Department Power Electronics (ELCT 704) German University in Cairo
A 220V, 50Hz voltage source is used to supply the armature circuit of an R-L-E load through a single phase half wave controlled rectifier. If the value of the resistance is 1Ω, the inductance is 0.015H and the battery voltage is 20V.
- Find an expression for the instantaneous output current in terms of the firing angle α and the extinction angle β. (No calculations are required)
- Find the firing angle at which the average output voltage becomes maximum.
- For the firing angle of Part (2), find the average output voltage and average current.
- For a firing angle of 90o, sketch the following:
- The supply voltage and the battery voltage on the same graph
- The output voltage
- The output current
- The voltage across the thyristor
Assignment Help Features
Assignment Help Services
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help