EE 305 Semiconductor Devices Assignment
American University of Middle East Class Assignment W8
Question 1 [10%]
Consider a silicon semiconductor at room temperature (𝑇 = 300 𝐾). Given that:
𝑁𝐷 = 3 × 1017 cm−3 and 𝑁𝐴 = 2 × 1014 cm−3
- [1%] Determine whether this semiconductor is n-type, or p-type.
- [2%] Draw a detailed energy band diagram for this semiconductor with showing the following:
- 𝐸𝐶,𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛
- 𝐸𝑉,𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛
- 𝐸𝑔, 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑣𝑎𝑙𝑢𝑒
- [1%] Calculate the total number of free electrons?
- [1%] Calculate the total number of holes?
- [1%] which carriers are considered as majority carriers and which carriers are considered as minority carriers?
- [1%] Calculate 𝐸𝐹 − 𝐸𝐶 𝑖𝑛 𝐽𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑛 𝑒𝑉
- [1%] Calculate 𝐸𝐹 − 𝐸𝑉 𝑖𝑛 𝐽𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑛 𝑒𝑉
- [1%] Calculate 𝐸𝐹 − 𝐸𝑖 𝑖𝑛 𝐽𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑛 𝑒𝑉
- [1%] if 𝑁𝐷 = 𝑁𝐴 = 3 × 1017 𝑐𝑚−3, is this semiconductor extrinsic? Why?
Assignment Help Features
Assignment Help Services
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help