CMIT 495 Current Trends and Projects in Computer Networks and Security
Week 2 – Cloud Computing
- Log in to your newly created AWS account and take a screenshot of the AWS Management Console (Dashboard) and embed it below. The screenshot should include the username you created during setup.
- Launch a Windows Virtual Machine (VM). Provide a detailed overview of the steps required to install the Microsoft Windows operating system on the VM. The steps may be listed in bullet points or complete sentences. Use as much space as required. Finally, take a screenshot of the desktop and embed it below.
- Using AWS, create a network file system with Amazon Elastic File Systems (EFS). Use the AWS Use Cases web page for step-by-step instructions. Take a screenshot of the result and embed it below. Specifically, take a screenshot of verifying your file system has been successfully mounted, and the results of creating a test file in your new file system by running a simple dd command to generate a 1GiB file in your new directory. Finally, describe the value of a network file system.
- Using AWS, store and retrieve a file. Use the AWS Use Cases web page for step-by-step instructions. Take a screenshot of the result and embed it below. Specifically, take a screenshot retrieving the object from the S3 bucket.
- The CTO will be reviewing this document. You have shown how easy it is to provision a Microsoft operating system using AWS. The CTO chose AWS because it offered a free account. She will now expect a recommendation from you on what cloud service to use for the organization PaaS (e.g. operating system) needs. There is no need for a private cloud, so the public option will work just fine. Describe the different between the Google Cloud Platform, Amazon AWS, and Microsoft Azure. Make a recommendation to the CTO as to which service provider you would recommend and why. Be explicit and detailed in your recommendation.
- The CTO appreciated the analysis performed between the cloud service providers (Amazon, Google, and Microsoft). She has decided to proceed with an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud. Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) enables you to launch AWS resources into a virtual network that you've defined. This virtual network closely resembles a traditional network that you'd operate in your own data center, with the benefits of using the scalable infrastructure of AWS. To begin, the CEO would like you to provision two subnets. One subnet will be for the developers (Subnet A), which will be provisioned with 22.214.171.124/20. The second subnet will for the marketing department (Subnet B), which will be provisioned with 126.96.36.199/19.
What is the network address, broadcast address, and subnet mask for Subnet A and
B? Perform the necessary calculations and explain your answer.
- Confirm that you have stopped and terminated your Microsoft virtual machine, Linux instance, deleted your file system from the Amazon EFS console and deleted your Amazon S3 bucket. To confirm, simply type your name below.
Assignment Help Features
Assignment Help Services
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help