Business Process Description
Thomas has always been a loyal Samsung customer for as long as he can remember, but he recently broke his Samsung Galaxy 8 and he decided to use his phone protection warranty to replace his phone. Thomas has always been a faithful customer when it comes to his Samsung phone, but this time he had decided to switch from a Samsung to an iPhone. Thomas has a phone plan with T-Mobile and he always goes to the Austell, Georgia location. Before going out to T-Mobile, Thomas first calls them to see if they have any black iPhone 8’s in stock. The T-Mobile customer service representative named Jade answers the phone. Thomas then asks Jade if their location has any black iPhone 8’s in stock. Jade states that they do have the phone in store and asks if there is anything else, she can help with. Thomas says no and thanks her before hanging up the phone. Knowing that they have the available device in stock, Thomas decides to get up and drive to the Austell T-Mobile to switch his broken Samsung, to an iPhone.
Thomas arrives at T-Mobile and walks into the store. He is greeted by mobile associate Steve, who offers him help. Steve asks Thomas what he can help him with today, so Thomas tells Steve that he has always been a Samsung user, but he recently broke his phone and would like to switch to an iPhone 8. Steve says great and brings him over to the counter to pull up his information. Steve asks for Thomas’ driver’s license to confirm he is the owner of the account. Once Steve looks at Thomas’ ID and confirms he is the owner of the account, he then asks him which phone he would like. Thomas answers with the iPhone 8 in black. Steve explains that the down payment for the phone will be $180 and 40 cents. Thomas confirms that he will pay the down payment now and Thomas hands over the money in cash. Steve takes the money, puts the money in the register and gives Thomas his receipt. Steve says he will be right back and goes to the backroom to get Thomas’ new iPhone. Once Steve returns, he shows Thomas the phone and asks if it is the one, he wants. Thomas agrees that the phone is the one he wants, and they begin the activation process.
Steve asks Thomas for his old phone and Thomas hands over his old Samsung Galaxy. Steve asks Thomas if he would like to put his SIM card into this iPhone to be able to retain his contacts and his photos. Thomas agrees and waits as Steve turns on the new iPhone. Before turning on the phone, Steve enters the SIM card and then turns it on. Once the phone is on, the iPhone asks to choose your language, Thomas chooses English then the iPhone asks to create an Apple ID or log into his iCloud account if he already has one. Since Thomas is about to be a first time Apple user, he must create an Apple ID for his iCloud account since he doesn’t have one. Thomas creates his log in information and creates his new iCloud account. One Steve asks if the account is created, Steve goes to photos and contacts to ensure all the information from the SIM card is showing on the new iPhone. Steve shows Thomas that his old contacts and photos are on the new phone and Thomas thanks him.
Once the information was confirmed to be on the new phone, Steve asks Thomas if he would like to buy a phone case as well. Thomas decides to purchase a black hard cover case for his iPhone and Steve explains that the case can be paid for now or added to his monthly bill for the phone. Steve agrees to add it to his bill. Steve asks if there is anything else, he can help with today and Thomas says no and thanks Steve for all his help today. Steve says great and asks Thomas to please fill out the survey that will be sent to his email and wishes him a good day. Thomas thanks him, leaves the store and goes home.
- The objective of this business process is to provide the necessary support and help to customers who transition from using non-Apple phones to using iPhones. We want to analyze the process these customers will have to go through while transitioning from a non- iPhone to an iPhone.
- -Thomas broke his Samsung galaxy 8 phone
- -Thomas calls T Mobile to see if they have any black iPhone 8’s in stock
- -Customer Service Rep Jade answers the phone
- -CSR Jade tells Thomas they have iPhone 8’s in the store
- -Thomas drives to T Mobile
- -Thomas arrives at T Mobile and walks in the store
- -Sales associate Steve greets Thomas and offers him help
- -Thomas tells Steve that he wants to switch from a Samsung to an iPhone
- -Steve then pulls up Thomas’s information
- -Steve asks for Thomas’s driver’s license to verify he is the owner of the account
- -Steve asks Thomas what phone he would like
- -Thomas tells him the black iPhone 8
- -Steve tells him his down payment for the phone will be $180.40
- -Thomas gives Steve $180.40 in cash
- -Steve deposits the money in the register and gives Thomas a receipt
- -Steve goes to the back to get the phone and confirms with Thomas if it’s the phone he wants
- -Thomas confirms it is the right phone and he begins the activation process
- -Steve asks Thomas for his old Samsung Galaxy, and asks if he would like to put his SIM card into his iPhone to retrieve his contacts and photos
- -Thomas gives him the old phone and agrees
- -Steve enters the SIM card into the iPhone and then turns it on
- -The phone comes on and asked to choose a language, Thomas chooses English
- The iPhone asks to create an Apple ID or log into his existing iCloud
- -Thomas creates an Apple ID for his iCloud since he is a first-time apple user
- -Steve asks Thomas if the account is created and goes to photos and contacts to ensure all the information from the SIM card is showing on the new iPhone.
- -Steve shows Thomas that his old contacts, and photos are on the new phone
- -Steve asks Thomas if he would like to purchase a phone case
- -Thomas decides he would like to purchase a black hard cover case
- -Steve tells Thomas he can pay for the case now, or have it added to his monthly bill
- -Thomas decided to add the case to his monthly bill
- -Steve adds the case to his bill
- -Steve asks Thomas if there is anything else, he can help with
- -Thomas says no
- -Steve ask Thomas to fill out the survey that will be sent to this email and wishes him a good day.
- Customer: Thomas
Customer Service Representative (CSR): Jade
Mobile Associate: Steve
- T Mobile: Austell, Georgia
- The customer Thomas deciding to switch from a Samsung phone to an iPhone
Thomas deciding to use his old SIM card for the new phone
Thomas deciding to buy the phone case and add it to his phone bill to pay for it
- T Mobile provides information on customers who are transitioning from non- iPhones to iPhones
- Thomas’ contacts and photos moving from his old phone to new phone
- The payment of $180.40 and payment for the case as an addition to his monthly phone bill
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help