BSOM084 TC1 Response to a live employer brief
Module Code BSOM084 Level 7 Assessment title: TC1 Response to a live employer brief
The Assessment Task
Race is one of the protected characteristics in the Equality Act (2010) and with Black Lives Matter protests dominating headlines, addressing issues around race, ethnicity and culture in the UK has become a necessity for the government. These issues are aligned to the structures of the British society, which continue to disadvantage Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME). You work as a consultant for Mac Darwin solution limited, a data analysis firm and you have been requested by the line manager to conduct a detailed investigation on one of the problems experienced by the BAME population in the UK for a local newspaper. Using a government-based data set, you will devise a 2000-words report that provides insight on one of the problems experienced by the BAME population in the UK.
You can select any one of the problems from the following list:
- BAME Attainment gap in British higher education
- Understanding the impact of coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) on BAME groups
- Barriers to BAME employees' employment and progression in your workplace
- Ethnicity pay gaps in Great Britain
- Racial discrimination in UK housing
You will use secondary data for your investigation, and this can be found online from trusted data bases (i.e. ONS). Your data will be analysed using statistical packages (i.e. SPSS) or a qualitative data analysis package such as NVIVO and be visualised for easier interpretation. You will be required to support your data set with insight from other selected information sources and to present this in a form appropriate for a specialist and not specialist audience. You have been given 72h to complete this task.
Your report should cover the following points
- A brief review of the literature on the topic selected
- Review of the appropriate Data Sets
- Insight from Data Analysis using a statistical package (i.e. SPSS/NVIVO)
- Visualisation of Data Insights using any data visualisation tool (i.e. Excel or Tableau).
- Evidence of training completed on LinkedIn learning (SPSS, Tableau & NVIVO certificates provided in appendix) [15% of overall mark]
This should be a clear and visual presentation that uses your graphs and visual interpretations to highlight how insights are gained and evaluated.
Download at https://www.tableau.com/academic/students
Please use free data sources like https://data.gov.uk/ or
This assessment comprises 100% of your overall module grade.
- 85% Report
- 15% CPD evidences provided in appendix (LinkedIn certification on SPSS, Tableau and NVIVO)
Assessment Guidance (more information about expectations)
The report should be in a page numbered report format and include the following:
- Title page
Assignment title, module code, full name and student code, as well as submission date.
- Table of Contents
- Findings and Analysis
In your appendix you may want to provide further detailed documentation of points made in the findings. Examples include: technical data, tables, charts or leaflets. An appendix contains supplementary information that you consider to be too long, complicated or not quite relevant to include in the main section of the report but is still relevant to your reader. Each appendix should be referred to in your text. You should not include something as an appendix if it is not discussed in the report. LinkedIn certificates of completion will also be provided in this section.
NB: Please include a list of references using Harvard referencing style, any details of secondary source selected. You can include up to 5 pages of appendices.
On successful completion of this assessment, you will be able to:
- Critically evaluate ethical and methodological considerations associated with applied secondary research, considering the implications for strategic leadership and organisational development.
- Evaluate, and discriminate between, sources of secondary data and information, justifying relevance to the task and context.
- Select, justify and apply appropriate data analysis tools.
- Devise and justify use of ethical, workable and creative solutions in the light of evidence.
Your grade will depend on the extent to which you meet these learning outcomes in the way relevant for this assessment. Please see the grading rubric on NILE for further details of the criteria against which you will be assessed.
The maximum word limit for this assessment is 2200 words (excluding appendices)
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help