Assignment 3 entity relationship diagramming
The purpose of this assignment is to assess your ability to model business problems in an E-R diagram and to analyze business problems and model the database solution using Entity relationship Diagrams.
Given the following information produce one Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) based on the Chen model that can be implemented.
Make sure to include all appropriate entities (entities should be in all capital letters in rectangles), relationships (in diamonds), connectivities (either 1 or M), and cardinalities (in parentheses at each entity [ie., (I,N), (0, 1), etc.]. Also, I need for your diagrams to be done in either MS Word, SmaltDraw or Visio. Last, please explain all cardinalities and connectivities in English sentences. NOTE: there will be some 'optionalities ' or optional participation (see pages 119122 in the tat for details) in this diagram as well — which you will need to include with a circle next to the optional side of the entity relationship (ie., INVOICE is optional to CUSTOMER).
NOTE: Several of you have asked if you can turn in a Crow's foot model instead of Chen model for assignment 2-1. That is fine with me if you do that but if you turn in a Crow's foot model, you must also include the attributes in the ER diagram whereas these are not needed for the Chen model
NOTE: Please be sure to put all diagrams, etc int a Word document prior to submission
P.S. I have high-lighted the nouns that relate to or should be entities for this assignment.
- ABCD company is in the oil change business. Although existing (and potential) customers bring in their vehicle(s) for "quick oil changes," Company ABCD also replaces wipers and filters, subject to customer approval and also allows customers to buy miscellaneous items from their supply store. The invoice contains the charges for the oil used and any parts used, and a standard labor charge. When the invoice is presented, customers pay cash, use a credit card, or write a check. Company ABCD does not extend credit. Company ABCD's database will keep track of all components in all transactions.
- Given the high parts usage, Company ABCD must keep careful control of its parts (oil wipers, oil filters, air filters) inventory. Therefore, if parts reach their minimum on-hand qualities they must be reordered (or ordered) from an appropriate supplier. Company ABCD keeps a supplier list which, contains both the suppliers actually used and the potential suppliers. Suppliers then use an order to fulfill the pans-to-be-filled requests.
- Company ABCD mails updates to existing and potential customers at times, based on the vehicle’s service or on area canvassing. Company ABCD also tracks each customer's vehicle mileage.
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help