ICT373 Cloud Computing Assignment Help
T1 2020: ICT373 Cloud Computing Assessment 3 Assessment type: Group project – Group Work (upto 3 students) King's Own Institute
Task Details: An initial transition to the cloud “Business Use Case” (BUC) report will be required (atleast 12 to 20 pages of detail is expected. This is an executive level report with enough detail and explanation (with diagrams) of concepts that management and front-line staff will understand. An “incomplete cloud strategy specification will be provided with sections that need to be completed by each group and added to the template.
Sample Case Study:
SmoothVideos Ltd is a video and production development company which works for clients operating in Australia and New Zealand. The company is quite concerned about moving its infrastructure on to the cloud to increase the company’s flexibility and responsiveness and save cost invested un the maintenance of ICT infrastructure. The application servers are lodged in Sydney and Melbourne with the datacentres that help with video processing capabilities for their staff. The servers are highly customized and are responsible for handling heavy loads during video processing.
The company has 100 staffs employed for video production, engineering and support who works on different client projects. At the moment they experience long processing queues, creating backlogs in completion of the jobs on time. So, the organization now thinks of moving to cloud for eliminating the challenge of these backlogs. Further, SmoothVideos is willing to facilitate its staff with SDOE,
Standard Desktop Operating Environment. The Board of company wants its employees to use the office services via SDOE environment from anyplace. In context of providing SDOE, SmoothVideos is trying to leap to cloud as a replacement for its present desktop environment.
Note: Do not choose the above case study. This is just a sample. You may want to choose a similar type of cloud transition-based case study for any type of organization.
Discuss with your tutor once you have selected the case study.
Sections to the completed and added to the report include:
- Cloud implementation overview model (diagram) – Due week 6
- Proposed cloud computing concept of operations (from the business case provided – any additional details added by the group is optional)
- Analysis (any item b additions are also included here) – 4 marks)
- Service Model(s) – 3 marks
- Deployment Model(s) – 4 marks
- Cloud computing essential characteristics – 7 marks
- Security – 7 marks
- Concerns, challenges, additional resources for information (relevant to the case)
– 2 marks
- Report quality, group member tasks-log, and any additional diagrams (with Visio files) supporting each relevant section – 3 marks
- Team participation for each team member based on group activity report – 5 marks
Week 11 Final Report – Items b – j
Week 12 Presentation
You can use Visio or any other drawing software for your diagrams.
Embed the diagrams in the final report. Do not submit them as a separate file.
Customized diagrams to suit the case are expected for items a,b,c,d,e,f,g
Providing a Visio file with all custom diagrams is expected and should prove your development of the supporting models/diagrams
Note on diagrams: Although copies of generic diagrams from the text may explain a concept well and be relevant to this project case, please be aware if the diagrams you submit are copied directly from the text resources and remain unchanged, these will not be allocated the same level of marks as diagrams that have clearly been custom designed and developed by group members
Using the text example diagrams is a good starting point/template and it is expected and encouraged that the text examples are utilized for inspiration and verification but be specific in the positioning, labelling and naming of components accordingly to suit the business case details as provided.
Instructions: The marking criteria (above with additional detail for each section) will be available with the “Assessment 3, Group Project specification document” along with the Business Use Case “Cloud Strategy” specification.
- Read the scenario provided to analyse and determine the requirements for the example enterprise business needs.
- Organise group member task allocations.
- Get started on creating an initial model (diagram) showing an overview of the case. This is due by Monday Week 11 and may therefore be improved after feedback from your tutor. Use diagrams from the text as a starting point for each section then custom build your own to fit the case. Visio is the simplest tool to use and will be used extensively throughout the tutorials.
- Create additional models (diagrams) to support each relevant section.
- Complete the sections to provide definitions and details relevant to the case.
- A professionally formatted report is expected.
- Review each group members’ progress (adjustments may be needed). Keep a log of member tasks and submitting this as a spreadsheet has marks available (item i).
- One report per group should be submitted.
- No limitation applies to the size of this report, but keep in mind it is for executive and senior management staff level. At least 15 to 20 pages are expected, but providing more will not be penalised if the information is relevant.
- Research is encouraged and rewarded – only if it is clearly
identified. Do not simply copy generic information without having appropriate referencing and be sure the information has been written to apply specifically to this Project.
- Poor referencing and lack of information source acknowledgement will be penalised. Be sure to refer to section 3.3 Plagiarism and Referencing. Harvard referencing is expected. Marks will be deducted for poor referencing.
Assessment 3 marking Rubric: Group Project – Worth 40 marks
Assessment 3 Group Work Activity Report – 5 marks (of 40 for whole assessment):
Each group will provide a group work report on how the group has worked together to produce the group report. It should not contain the main deliverables of the main group report. Each group will document how members discuss and agree the division of responsibilities and describes how individual efforts capitalized on the strengths of each group member. It will be used as evidence of individual contributions in the group. It is therefore in each member’s interest to ensure that their contribution to the final report is complete.
Each group is expected to have at least three group meetings for the group assignment. The minutes of group meetings should be documented and attached as an appendix of this group work report, clearly indicating who was present, issues and actions, agreed timelines, and the like. The group work report must indicate that a fair and reasonable distribution of work amongst group members was achieved. Periodic information such as emails or diary entries must be inserted into the correct section in chronological order.
If the submitted group work report suggests that not all contributions were of equivalent standard and effort, differential marks will be awarded to individuals within the same group. It must also document what individual group members understood as their allocated tasks, that individual group members submitted allocated work of acceptable standard and quality by the date that was agreed upon.
Sample cloud model for proposal
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help