Encrypt and Decrypt Files with PKI
LAB – ASSESSMENT WORKSHEET
In this lab, you applied common cryptographic and hashing techniques to ensure message and fi le transfer integrity and maximize confi dentiality. You used GnuPG (GPG), a free encryption utility, to generate a public key to encrypt and decrypt a message. You also used the public key infrastructure (PKI) to send secure messages between two user accounts and verify the integrity of the received fi les. These tasks helped you understand the use and management of public and private encryption keys for cryptography.
Lab Assessment Questions & Answers
- In a scenario where Nancy and Matthew are using public key encryption, what keys does Nancy have the ability to see? Her private key and Matthew’s private key and anything that has been encrypted with Matthew’s private key.
- In a scenario where Nancy and Matthew are using public key encryption, what keys does Matthew have the ability to see? Matthew can see Nancy Public Key.
- If Nancy wishes to send a message to Matthew, what key does she use to encrypt the message? Her private key and decrypted with her public key.
- If Matthew receives an encrypted message from Nancy, what key does he use to read it? Nancys Public Key
- If Matthew wishes to send a message to Nancy, what key does he use to encrypt the message? His private key.
- If Nancy receives an encrypted message from Matthew, what key does she use to read it? His Public Key.
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help