BSBINN601 Lead and Manage Organizational Change Sample Assignment
Fast Track Couriers
Change Strategy Report
Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
BSBINN 601 Lead and Manage Organizational Change
This report is aim to identify strategic change needs to help Fast Track Couriers to increase the market share by 7.5%. Also to review existing policy, states the trends in the external environment that impact on organization's objectives and identify operational change objectives.
Fast Track Couriers is a courier company that has been operating in NSW for the last 15 years. Its primary business function is delivering medium to large size packages across metropolitan Sydney.
The organization's strategic goals of 2016 financial year are
- To expand business in the metropolitan area so that small to medium package deliveries market share increase by 7.5%
- To expand the business to include small and medium package deliveries to regional NSW.
- To develop an integrated approach to distribution management utilizing technology such as PDA devices and GPS.
- To develop and maintain a cohesive and well-motivated workforce.
Identify change requirements
To fulfill the organization's strategic goals of 2016 financial year. There are some change that need to be done. Which include the following action: integrated implementation of PDA and GPS systems, implement 1 driver per truck policy by installing automatic lift gate and implement human resource function.
Integrated implementation of PDA and GPS systems
The first thing the organization need to change is to integrated implementation of PDA and GPS systems. It will allow increased efficiency and better service so that small to medium package deliveries market share increase by 7.5%.
Implement one driver per truck policy by installing automatic lift gate
The second thing is to install automatic lift gate. Installing automatic lift will allow the company change from two driver per truck to one driver per truck because they will be no lifting required. Changing to one driver per truck will allow expansion of business in the metropolitan area so that small to medium package deliveries market share increase by 7.5%.
Implement human resource function
The last thing is to implement human resource function to facilitate the changes in workforce management in the first quarter of 2016 financial year. It will promote development and maintenance of a well trained, cohesive and well-motivated workforce. Also will reduce injuries, and to improve industrial relations.
Relationship between change requirements and organizational goal
Drivers have historically reacted negatively to change. They may have resistance in cutting two drivers to one driver per truck.
One driver per truck: not yet implemented
Automatic lift gates: not yet implemented
GPS: not yet implemented
PDA: not yet implemented
Human resource function: not yet implemented
Impact of External trend
Courier industry are already using technology such as GPS and PDA in all other couriers company to track distribution. Using new technology is a trend in this industry, it will have impact on the company such as risk of increasing cost/ inability to compete or perform and raise market share.
The average driver salaries of other couriers company in NSW is higher than what Fast Track Couriers is paying. It will have impact on the company such as risk of poor performance and or resistance of change.
Consultation with specialist and experts
In order to achieve the strategic change in the coming year. I advise that we could use some consultation with specialist and experts, such as human resources specialist, marketing experts and financial experts.
Human resource specialist
- Human resource specialist can advise on wages and salaries and give industrial relations advice.
- Marketing expert can identify target markets and clients. They can also advise on strategy.
- Finance specialist can obtain or source funding for change related expense and review of proposed budgets and profit forecasts.
The company can use the Process consultation so that the consultant and organization can work together to identify the problem and solution.
Identify Manager stakeholders
- Operation Manager responsible for expand the business to include small and medium package deliveries. Also responsible for changing the two driver per truck to one driver per truck.
- Finance Manager need to approve the budget plan for installing automatic lift, raising wages and buying new truck for expand our services.
- IT Manager responsible for implementing new technology systems such as GPS and PDA.
Review and prioritize the change
After the reviewing with General manager. We have come up the prioritize of the change.
1. Installing GPS and PDA system for the truck
By 30 Sep 2016
2. Implement human resource function to facilitate the changes in workforce management
By 30 Nov 2016
3. Install the automatic lift
By 31 Dec 2016
4. change from two driver per truck to one driver per truck.
By 31 Jan 2017
Fast Track Courier aiming to achieve its goal to increase the market share by 7.5% by identify strategic change needs, such as integrated implementation of PDA and GPS systems, implement one driver per truck policy by installing automatic lift gate and implement human resource function. Also in order to implement change, the company will need advise form specialist and experts.
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help