Application of Research Topic
Task 2: Application of Research Topic
In this part of your capstone project, you will explore and explain your work. Each part of this task builds on the others; however, you may wish to write the parts out of sequence depending on your writing style. This format is similar to the requirements for grant proposals or publications, so this may be applicable to your future work in the health information management (HIM) field.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. Use the Turnitin Originality Report available in Taskstream as a guide for this measure of originality.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Task 2 is also required to be in Narrative format: if you do use bullets to structure your paper under any of the rubrics, be sure to build out your ideas.
A. Develop an abstract (suggested length of 100–200 words) that includes the following:
Write this after your paper is complete and be sure to respond to each bullet. Do not be overly concerned on the word length, but more importantly that you discuss each of the bullets. If any of these five points are missing, the paper will be returned.
1. The rationale for the capstone project (this is similar to what you stated in A2 of Task 1)
2. The healthcare setting (this is what you wrote in B1 in Task 2)
3. The research methodology (this is what you wrote in A3, Task 1)
4. A summary of findings (include here a brief summary of what you wrote in B4, in Task 2)
5. The next steps for additional investigation (include here what you wrote in C, Task 2)
B. Describe how your topic applies to the health information management (HIM) field within a healthcare setting by doing the following:
1. Describe the healthcare setting of your topic.
Be sure to include how this topic is relevant to HIM.
a. Discuss roles of key stakeholders involved in this topic within the healthcare setting.
Who are the professionals/staff that interface or participate with your topic? Be sure to include HIM staff. If no HIM staff are in this area, discuss who functions as the HIM professional in your topic area. Also include upper management, IT professionals, and any others as appropriate.
2. Explain how your topic evolved within the field of HIM.
Think of this as the historical background. This is similar to what you wrote in Task 1, B2.
3. Explain how your topic influences the healthcare setting. Or the setting you are discussing.
4. Explain the challenges of your topic by doing the following:
a. Discuss why the challenges occur.
b. Discuss the negative impact of the challenges.
c. Discuss how the challenges are resolved.
A word on this section: be sure to answer a,b,c very specifically for each identified challenge. In other words, identify the challenge, then why it occurs, the negative impacts, and how challenge is resolved. Then go to the next challenge. You should identify a minimum of three, suggest don’t offer more than five. The evaluator will look for alignment of why challenge occurs, its negative impact, and its resolution. All three elements must be there for each identified challenge.
5. Describe the impact this topic has on the HIM profession.
When you think of the ‘profession’, consider not only the workplace professionals, but also factors such as the educational setting, continuing education, new jobs available, certifications, etc.: how has your topic impacted the HIM profession as a whole?
6. Discuss the research methodology used in investigating the topic.
This would be your research format that you discussed in Task 1, A3.
C. Recommend additional HIM topics to investigate, based on questions raised during your exploration of the HIM problem.
When you did your literature review and other readings were there any parts of the topic that seem to need more research? For example, your topic was telehealth: did you find many articles on cost effectiveness/cost comparisons in using telehealth, or perhaps there wasn’t much about quality studies and the use of telehealth. In this section you would discuss what you didn’t see, and would have been useful, or what would be useful information about the topic, and be sure to make the connection to HIM. The evaluator will look for a minimum of two ideas for this one.
D. Include a section at the end of your submission that includes the following:
For these three, if you did not use any, state, “No appendices were used” or “No employer verification was needed”, etc. You must answer the rubric even if it is only to say that. If you do use appendices/data gathering instruments, be sure to mention them in the body of your work, cite them in the body of your work, and reference them in your reference list.
1. Appendices and exhibits that are referenced in the report
2. Data-gathering instruments (e.g., surveys, questionnaires)
3. The “Capstone Project Employer Verification Form” you used to obtain permission to conduct your capstone in the organization. This is only needed if you use the organization’s name in the body of your work or used any information from the organization.
E. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content quoted, paraphrased, or summarized. Only reference and cite sources used here in Task 2.
F. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission. Double check your grammar, sentence structure, punctuation before submission.
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help